Here is a nice salad recipe that will put a little tang into your Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound small zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 4 fresh firm tomatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cauliflower flowerets, blanched
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese
Preparation:Cook all zucchini and green beans, separately, until tender-crisp. Drain and combine in a large saucepan with green pepper, tomato chunks, and blanched cauliflower. Mix flour, oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt; pour over mixed vegetables in the saucepan. Bring vegetables and sauce to a simmer and simmer for a few minutes, just until the dressing thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve topped with a little chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese, if desired.